[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Favorite video game?

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:35 am

Forum rules

Discuss your favourite video games here on whatever platform.
Please remember the forums are PG13 so in the midst of enthusiastic argument watch your language.

Post subject: Favorite video game?
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:39 am 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

You can only choose one. And aside from Neverwinter Nights. ;)

For me, it's the Baldur's Gate series.

Post subject: Re: Favorite video game?
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:40 am 
NetWoC Admin

GAH!!!!

Baldur's Gate 1 ok, I agree (with expansions) but oh how I want to say Diablo

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:42 am 

Baldur's Gate series (and part 2 was the best of the series, imo) was like Diablo but with a good story!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:46 am 

Chrono Trigger. Bar none. The only game I have ever played through more than once (!) I played FF7 to completion about 1.5 times, didn't get around ot beating it the second time around.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:36 am 

X-COM Enemy Unknown, the original. Still playing it like 20 years down the track :)

Post subject: Favorite video game?
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 am 

Baldur's Gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:14 am 

Heroes of Might & Magic III.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 pm 

Star Wars Galaxies

NWN and Fall Out 3 are very close behind though

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:00 am 

Though its not around anymore.. Shadowbane was one of my favorites.. buggy as all get out but omg the best pvp system ever.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:41 am 

I loved the hell out of Baldur's Gate, and I think I still have them on the shelf.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm 

That's a really tough one, especially since I've been playing games for about 34 years now, and played a ton of good ones. I've always enjoyed the Might & Magic series, but I think when I get down to the root of it all it's probably The Legend of Zelda.

That game lead me down the path that eventually led to PC and console RPGs, which are still my favorite type of game to play.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 am 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:18 am 

Planescape: torment.
Baldur's Gate is awesome, but PS is as far as I am concerned the best role-playing game I have ever played. A deep story, interesting characters and a game where roleplaying and reasoning is more important than your ability to steamroll enemies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:24 am 

I know right? Friggin' love that game.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:38 pm 

Baldur's Gate 1

Morrowind

Final Fantasy 7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:41 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:18 pm 

Wow that looks awesome ! A Morrowind with the Skyrim's battle system :drool:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:36 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:12 pm 

Tough!

If I had to choose just one, the one that I played the most and have the fondest memories of- I'd say Colonization.

If this were a "desert island" choice, like we can bring one game with us and that's the only video game we can play, I'd say Civilization V.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:39 pm 

Just loaded Baldurs Gate...again...and Thief and Thief II.

X-box - Oblvion, Morrwind, Halo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:54 pm