[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Dragon Age

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 pm

Forum rules

Discuss your favourite video games here on whatever platform.
Please remember the forums are PG13 so in the midst of enthusiastic argument watch your language.

Post subject: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 pm 

I haven't got into the newer versions, just going through the DA:O campaign again as I never got past about 1/3 in last time. (Got stuck on a particular achievement... :shifty:)

Is there online/multiplayer support for these, and which ones? :)

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:39 pm 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

If there isn't then it shouldn't be a sticky in this forum, but I was pretty sure there is one version (or maybe it's the upcoming version) that has multiplayer. I'll move this to Video Games for now until we have some confirmation.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:30 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:26 am 

Agree fully, Sin. First was incredible, the second was meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:32 pm 

I actually think I preferred the second. I might be alone in that.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:35 pm 

I was reading up last night and it seems Dragon Age doesn't have multiplayer. Yet. Though I wouldn't put an MMO out of the picture in the future, since the tabletop RPG has been fairly successful. :)

Haven't had a lot of time to play as of yet... only just at the Grey Warden Test. :shifty:

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:19 pm 

Yea no multi for DA Alas

I loved DAO, I liked the second but then again being a girl and a rogue at heart I loved the Dwarf and Mister grumpy Elf boy.. sexy voice that he had << >>

Drooling over the new one, Want to play both over again but need to wait till I can download the expansions for um both on my PS3 *Grumble*

Being a girl only downside to second (Romance was not as fulfilling, and harder to get people to like you, being ya could not talk to um all the time.)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:11 am 

Hmm... I think I read that DA: Inquisition will have some multiplayer for grouping up on dungeon runs? Anyone else read about that?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:27 am 

So.. Origins.

I just got Sten in the party. (Yeah, I'm really early in.) Do y'all know if there are any ideal party configurations? Certain areas I should focus characters?

Like, is Sten a better warrior than Alistair? Already pretty sure Morrigan and Liliana will be in the party full-time as my mage and rogue, respectively. Though there's that Assassin I'll meet later... is he better than Lily?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 am 

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:45 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:12 pm 

My main's a warrior, so I dunno if that changes anything...

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:55 pm 

Your class not so much (I was warrior/Mage.) but the people you have in your party and decisions you make with you interactions with them will all effect how the story unfolds and the ending of the game will be different.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:57 pm 

Oh I remember I did get the add-on packs, and so one of my party members was this cool golem like dude you can pick up in one of those missions. Packs are also worth it for the cool gear and runs. I recommend them.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm 

Yep, I have the Ultimate Edition that has all the released DLC. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:03 pm 

Perfect. Get the golem dude then, he's a great addition.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:04 pm 

The DLC quests are pretty fun too.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:04 pm 

Sweet. Do they scale with level, or should I wait for a particular point?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:00 pm 

DA:O was such a great game. Bioware really does the character develop genre well. I know I'm in the minority, but I also really enjoyed DA2. The combat was a bit dumbed down from DA:O but the story was still good and tbh I'm mainly playing the series for the story and the "choose your adventure" type feel.

And I gotta second Elv's comment anbout Shale. She's awesome, loved how she actually affected the main story too. Wasn't just an extra character you could buy, but an extra part of the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:09 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:20 am 

Hmm, I couldn't see anything in my files, nor in the DA Wiki... just says as soon as you go through the pass you talk to the guy to get the quest... so yeah, looks like it might scale. :hmm:

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:07 am 

Currently downloading DA:O - Ultimate on Steam. It was 75% off and just too cheap to resist. I played it a bit when it first came out on an old computer, but never got that far into it. Skipped the second one give the half-hearted reviews, but keeping an eye on the new one.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:11 am 

Wow, $7.50 USD? That's a steal! Yeah, definitely pick it up. Hell, anyone who doesn't have it yet should go pick it up.

And I mean, .

Also, awesome to see you, Omen. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:18 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:23 am