[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Dragon Age

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:49 am

Forum rules

Discuss your favourite video games here on whatever platform.
Please remember the forums are PG13 so in the midst of enthusiastic argument watch your language.

Post subject: Re: Dragon Age
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:44 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:51 am 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

Omen!!! Wow!! Great to see you bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:37 pm 

I had Al, Wynn as my healer, Morg as the Caster, and my Char as par (Raven or Ashozra) depending on race was a rogue class, went human noble so I could do the Marring Al romance for my first time playing though. then usually the Dog as another attacker type.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:57 pm 

Right now my party is me (warrior), Sten (Warrior #2), Lily (rogue) and Morrigan (Mage)... be nice to get a dedicated healer just unsure where I'd slot one.

I'm on the fence on how to train up Morrigan... I'm not a huge fan of the druid/ranger-type magics she specializes in... Thinking of raising her in Healing or direct damage spells... Doing both would just spread the skills out too far, I think.

I just finished the Lothering quests, so we're on the road again. Thinking of doing the DLC sidequests first before we head to Redcliffe.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:26 pm 

if you replace Morrigan with Wynne, you'll have a much better healer.

I was me (Warrior), Shale, Wynne, and Zevran.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:46 pm 

Just so I'm sure I didn't miss anything... You don't pick up Wynn at Ostagar right? :P

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 am 

Mage's tower

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:14 am 

Coolio. I'll be going there a bit later. :)

Tonight I took care of two sidequests... got Shale, and then went back to Ostagar and looted the place. Holy crap, there's a lot of stuff there!

Tried the Soldier's Peak, but the undead at the door were a bit tough for me yet. Now that I've leveled and got some better gear, I might try again. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 am 

Just cleared Soldiers Keep. That new equipment helped a lot. :shock:

...also, telling Lily to stay back and fire arrows instead of running off to her death. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:35 am 

You start any romances?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:49 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:22 pm 

Making good progress now. :) I'm further along than I was my first play through.

Got Redcliffe done, picked up Zev, then took care of most of the Denerim sidequests (including hardening Lily and Al). Next stop will be the Mage Tower.

My main quest order is Redcliffe, Mages, Dwarves, Elves.

Oh, and I've romanced Lily. I have a plan for Landsmeet to marry Al and keep Lily on as a mistress. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:16 am 

Argh. Okay, I have a problem. :??: Not with the main campaign, mind, that's going swimmingly.

This morning I decided to start Leliana's Song DLC. As soon as I loaded it, my laptop lagged like no tomorrow. Just loading the DLC to the first intro scene took like 5 minutes. Then, once the characters were introduced, my screen faded to black as if it was switching to gameplay mode... and just stuck there. Keyboard shortcuts (Alt-F4, Ctrl-Alt-Del) didn't work, though CapsLock did. I waited 10 minutes before hitting the power button. :??: :pissed: :thumbsdown:

Anyone encountered/heard of this type of problem? Suggestions on rectifying it? I imagine a reinstall might help, but it came on my game CD...

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:26 pm 

Sorry man, I played it in xbox.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:27 am 

Meh, it's cool. The main campaign works fine. that's the important part anyway. ;)

Been taking a short break the past few days. Got completely owned in a particular encounter, and realized I needed to backtrack a little first. I'll probably load it up again tonight.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:00 am 

Progress!

Finished the Mages. The Fade bit was... annoying... but got it done. :) Got Morrigan's Quest done too (about time I got a robe upgrade for her). Wrapped a couple other sidequests, but most will have to wait until after Orzammar, which I've just started.

My party now, and probably for the rest, is: Self, Liliana, Sten, Wynne.

Also, some death blows have awesome animation. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:15 am 

(I know everyone just loves my progress reports... ;) )

So, got Orzammar pretty much wrapped. Just some "housekeeping" to take care of... IE, the final quest resolution for the main story. Then I have a bunch of sidequests to resolve, and Shale's PQ to run. :)

After all that, gonna head to the Dalish.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:05 am 

Now that Orzammar is wrapped, tonight was mostly sidequest and party/equipment maintenance before heading to the Dalish. Took care of pretty much everything not requiring the Brecilian Forest. Inlcuding killing the High Dragon. :D

Honestly, I was expecting a knock-down drag-out fight... similar to the fight at [sidequest spoiler]. But it was surprisingly easy. As soon as Liliana woke it up with an arrow I spread everyone out around the landing area... Wynne healed (though she really didn't have to do much of it), Lily arrowed, and Sten and I tanked. It was funny, Sten took practically no damage at all... even when the dragon decided to chew on his armor he was all like, "Yeah, no sweat, I'll just reduce that to 5 points of damage." :shock: His armor isn't even as good as my main hero's, and she took a lot more!

The whole fight took like maybe 5 minutes. Then it was Finishing Move time. Which is my favorite part of this game. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:29 am 

Phew! Dalish are done, as are pretty much all the sidequests. I just have a few that have to wait until the Alienage opens up a little later.

Just started the Landsmeet, and it appears that the Endgame is coming pretty soon. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:46 am 

Finished the Alienage. :D Only what, the Election and then the Final Battle left?

So, before I head to the Palace, I'm going to make sure I have all the equipment I need. Already got the weapons and armor I want for the rest, just need to stock up on poultices and arrows and maybe upgrade some of these runes.

(I've already gone through pricing and made up an Excel sheet outlining everything I need and the gold it'll cost... Yeah, I'm a massive nerd.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:39 pm 

The only good nerd is a massive one

The rest are just wannabes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:02 am 

Right, so, just about at the Final Battle stage. :D I've equipped everyone, got their tactics set, bought all the items I need, crafted a hundred Potent Poultices and Potent Lyriums...

Only thing left to do is donate to the Massive Army. (Any clue how much stuff I need to shove in there? There's no way to check what the status is. :( )

Because of all the Health Poultices I have, I've decided that damage will be more important than healing... so Morrigan's going to be back in the main party. And Shale as well, because, well, Shale is pretty badass with those Brilliant Crystals. :D

So the party going up against the Archdemon will be Me, Lily, Shale, Morrigan.

...I just hope I don't burn through all my good arrows and poultices before I get to the Archdemon... :shock:

...from what I've read, the final battle is HUGE... :shock: Multiple battles in and around Denerim. Anyone remember where the last opportunity to select your party is? I'd like to keep Wynne and Sten in the party until the very last opportunity when I'll grab Shale and Morrigan for the last bits.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:11 am 

Just beat it. :D

Didn't need all those poultices after all... only burned through about 10 of each of the health and lyrium. :lol: The Archdemon was actually easier than I expected... especially using those ballistae. (Lily got the finishing move though.)

I'm going to run Awakening, too, but first I think I need a short break. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 pm 

Didn't like the DA series too much... even the 1st one. Many said it was a new BG but I found it quite poor RP wise. I got nightmares with that dwarf's dungeon and the Temple one too. What a pain in the arse it was to run those.

About team I had a dwarf dual wielding berserk/psycho, Lilianna as archer bard/ranger, Morrigan as offense mage/blood mage, and that old lady doing healing. Was pretty badass. With my dwarf I ended doing 48% of the damages :lol:

I was a bit disappointed with the fights too... once you found out how to kill the monsters you just have to use the same tactic over and over again, even on the hardest mode.

DOA II was more like a hack'n'slash game with dungeons that all look exactly the same with a last battle where I thought I was in the middle of a transformers/power rangers fight :lol:

Really not looking for the 3rd one. Been really too much disappointed by the 2 first one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm 

I've heard so much poor info about II I'll probably skip it.

But all I've seen/heard about Inquisition has been great; the screenshots they've released look fargin' beautiful. I'll pick it up at some point; likely when it goes on sale on Steam.