All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:40 am

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're reading or about authors in this genre.

Post subject: What future comic project should I do first?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:02 pm 

I have three gigantic-scale projects that I would like to use my unhealthy amount of free time on over the next few decades (most likely).

One is an essay-like thing that seeks to prove that comedy is funny to the degree that it is either irrational or illogical (trying to decide which) but really only serves as a framing device for my twisted sense of humor that I will do first because it doesn't require an artist.

The other two are:

A graphic-novel fan-fiction where human creepypasta characters (or ones loosely inspired by such characters) are actually spirits that possess worthy hosts and force them to kill, the emotional high point being a moment toward the end (spoiler? Is it even applicable?) where the host of Jeff the Killer (or Schmeff the Schmiller) tells Homicidal Liu/his brother that he loves him before transforming for the last time

A webcomic where a college project group gains different super powers from an accident where a crazy scientist carrying an armful of timely-whimey wibbly-wobbly quantum-nihilo-mechanical stuff gets hit by a car in front of them, one of the super powers being the ability to reset any amount of time. The emotional high point would be a side plot to the story where one character's love interest dies no matter what the looper does, so the looper tries to convince the character to break up with her, then prevents them from meeting in the first place when that doesn't work.

I apologize for the verbal diarrhea up to this point.
On the off chance I can acquire help from an artist or do my own, which comic-like project should I start out with?

Post subject: Re: What future comic project should I do first?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:40 pm 

Either 2 or 3, leaning towards 3.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:07 pm 

Number 3, is very "Butterfly Effect"-ish which I love. Messing with the time-space continuum is a fascinating subject. Heck, it'd be cool to go back in time and teach Einstein about the Theory of Relativity and time...the implication being that it were his theories on the subject that made it possible, but his basis for those theories came from being taught by someone from the future. Screw the spoon, there is mo chicken or wgg...

Personally, I would like to see a deviation from the traditional acquisition of super powers (accidents, experiments, and radioactive spiders) and see "super powers" as the result of harnessing the untapped potential of the human brain, sort of like John Travolta in Phenomenon. This allows the audience to relate more strongly with the subject and characters because its more feasible for it to be anyone; any human on the planet can become in other words extraordinary, you just have to be able to tap into those latent abilities. I keep thinking of Lawrence Fishburn in the Matrix saying "there are those who are so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it." The key then, would be to break free from the confines of the system.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:02 am 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

2 or 3. I do agree with Zhammy that 3 is very Butterfly Effect, but like him I do love that. But I'd just be careful not to mimic it too directly.

zeppelinmage wrote:
Elv's not that short.