[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Stargate (All Permutations)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're watching or looking forward to on the small or big screen.

Post subject: Stargate (All Permutations)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:28 pm 

Thoughts?

Campy? Yes, but a guilty Pleasure

Post subject: Re: Stargate (All Permutations)
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:30 pm 
NetWoC Admin

I watched all 10 series of the original (and movies) over a very short period of time with Rachel. I hum the tune and we smile. We are almost due for a rerun lol.

The spinoffs I find I was not so smitten with.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:33 pm 

Universe had some promise...

Atlantis was up and down...
maybe more down than up

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:46 pm 

We liked SG-1 and Atlantis... I liked SG-U far more than the wifey did. I still think it got canned before it's time. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:52 pm 

Watched all of SG1 in the desert of all places. I grew up on MacGuyver so something else with Richard Dean Anderson was a must see. Was sad to see him go.

Atlantis was . . . yeah

Universe was alright, a bit like Star Trek Voyager though.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:26 pm 

I loved SG-1, Atlantis and the films. Never got to watch Universe as it wasn't shown in this country off of satellite television and being cancelled so quickly meant no non satellite channels bothered picking it up.

I was very disappointed when both series ended and would have been very happy to see them go on. Particularly loved the dynamic Varla added to the team in SG-1, she was awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:31 pm 

I'm such a nerd I got involved in a Stargate play by email narrative RPG recently.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:32 pm 

Claudia Black
Rawr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:34 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:37 pm 

Carter was cuter.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:39 pm 

Carter as Helen Magnus
Stopped my heart.

:swoon:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:41 pm 

Seconded

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:24 pm 

Give us a 4th spin-off! Sad universe had such potential but... :( oh well stasis for eternity can't be too bad right??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:43 pm 

Universe did have such promise. Oh well

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 pm 
NetWoC Admin

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Stargate ... 43679.html

Hmmm, I actually enjoyed the film, and as I said above I loved the SG1 series. But I am not a 'purist', it's not reality so if they redid the original and then added two sequels it would not ruin my appreciation of the series.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:05 pm 

Star Trek. Granted, it began on TV, but the original run was 72 episodes. Since then, they have made 10x that number. Including ten movies. All within the same universe.

2009 comes around and they make a reboot movie, with the basic setting of the first series. That wasn't a failure at all, and is actually pretty good as far as action scifi goes.

Honestly, I'll be sad the "SG-1 universe" will be going away. But I'll still watch this and likely still enjoy it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 pm 

Could never get into Universe. Though I may not have given it enough time. It took a while for me to get into Atlantis as well but I eventually liked it.