[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Doctor Who

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:11 am

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're watching or looking forward to on the small or big screen.

Post subject: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:22 pm 

Any other lovers out there? :)

Post subject: Re: Doctor Who
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:24 pm 

You have to ask a bunch of old school geeks if they like Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:29 pm 
NetWoC Admin

YES!

I even grew to love Matt though my favoUrite is Jon Pertwee, followed by Tom Baker then David Tennant and Beaky aka Chris Eccleston.

Hated Amy, loved Donna

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 pm 

Not a HUGE Amy Pond fan

That said, something about Mrs Dr Who gets my motor running

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:36 pm 
NetWoC Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:38 pm 

That's like 4 years ago

There is a statute of limitations for movies and tv spoilers.

Books are different

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 pm 
NetWoC Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:44 pm 

Ahhhhh

Yes. She oozes sex appeal.
At least for me
Maybe she isn't everyone's cup of tea

Now if you said Sweety. Would have got it straight away

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:13 pm 

Yep, whovian family here, even my son is a fan. Though he prefers 11.

I never really liked Donna or Amy... but Clara... *swoon*

I actually just got in the mail the entire Tom Baker run, so that'll be our TV for a while. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 pm 

Run you clever boy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:44 pm 
NetWoC Admin

Not a huge fan of Clara, a little on the fence but Donna - how can you not love Doctor Donna? And not weep at the tragedy?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 pm 

Big Who fan here. Tennant is my favourite followed by Baker and then Matt Smith. I didn't like Eccelston even slightly.

As for companions Donna was awesome, love Catherine Tate and the best friend dynamic they had and the storyline phenomenal! Such a sad conclusion :(.

River Song comes a close second.

As for the other modern companions Amy and Rory were fun and had some good story lines with Matt. Clara I'm undecided on, at first I didn't think much of her; felt like she was hired as pure eye candy. She did however start to win me over with some of her episodes and performances towards the end of the last series and the anniversary special.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:33 pm 

Call me a dirty old (it's a fair moniker. ) but give me more River Song

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:36 pm 

Watch Arrow. The actress makes cameos, but has an american accent.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:39 pm 

Still have her in my head as the doctor in ER

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:14 pm 
NetWoC Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:40 pm 

Who else caught the Season Premiere last night? :D

I thought it was pretty awesome. Very much looking forward to this Doctor.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 pm 
NetWoC Admin

I watched and enjoyed, not so much the storyline, was a little blah but the character development. Meeting the new doctor and seeing him unfold was awesome.

Really liked the new intro too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:06 pm 

Independently cross eyebrows. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm 
NetWoC Admin

They are going to declare independence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm 
NetWoC Admin

Planet of pudding for brains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:10 pm 

I thought it was okay, but I'm gonna have to see a few more episodes before I'm completely sold on him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 pm 

I'm in the odd position of watching this more for Capaldi than any great allegiance to Dr. Who. Been a fan since The Thick Of It and In The Loop. With that factored in I loved the first episode. Attack eyebrows, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 pm 

I purposefully sought to watch The Musketters just because Capaldi was in it. (Also, because Musketeers.) Even with only supporting parts in 10 episodes, he's a force to be reckoned with.

12 is going to be awesome.

Someone on Facebook with questionable mathematics skills said that 4 + 10 = 12. I'm not sure I agree, he's more chaotic and cerebral than either of them were. :hmm: