[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Fargo *Spoilers*

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:34 pm

Forum rules

For reviews and discussions about whatever you're watching or looking forward to on the small or big screen.

Post subject: Fargo *Spoilers*
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:48 am 

Classic Coen Brothers, I feel like the show might be an acquired taste for some, I think you either love it or you hate it (admittedly it is rather slow-paced for a television show). I personally didn't think I'd be a fan of Billy Bob Thornton but the villainous character he plays pretty much rivals Anton Chigurh (No Country For Old Men) and it's interesting seeing theories about what the character represents.

Dark, gritty and brutally violent at points while at the same time being humorous, with token "Minnesota" accents, it pretty much fills the void Breaking Bad left for me. Plus Martin Freeman is a silver fox that I've spent way too much of my life having never noticed. :love:

Last edited by Lia on Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fargo
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:33 am 

On the dvr. Loved the movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:42 am 

Just binge watched the first three episodes of this yesterday. I hadn't even realised it was on (for any Australians, it is on SBS and I caught up with it on their catch up site). Really enjoying it so far and picking up on the hints of the Coens' movies (Billy Bob's character has some Chigurh tones, the philosophizing of the deputy's father carry some of the NCFOM themes and even the blackmailer played by the guy from Sunny reminds me a bit of Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading).

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:44 am 

I want to convert everyone I know to watching this gem of a show but I feel the pacing doesn't have the sort of go go go Hollywood theme that must people are used to. I'm really hoping though that the storytelling remains as right as it is and doesn't waver or taper off. It came out with guns blazing so it has a lot to live up to.

Apparently they're going to make this a series show like American Horror Story if reception is good (which it had been) so that'll be interesting to see various stories in the Fargo universe be told. My main question now as I am sure are most revolved around Lester's hand and what's up with that.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 am 

I figured that was a stray bit of buckshot from the shotgun blast that killed the police chief. Kind of kills his story of being down in the basement with his wife if discovered.

Post subject: Re: Fargo *Spoilers*
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm 

Oh no, I knew the source of it, I was trying to be ambiguous if someone who hadn't been up to date with the show read the forum and didn't get to that part yet.

What I meant was, if his hand was actually becoming infected because it seems, at least in Lester's perspective that it is or that some sort of blood poisoning is going to set in because he can never seem to have enough time to actually clean the wound and place fresh gauze on it. I know there are some people in the camp that it's a manifestation of his own growing guilt and that it's not really as bad as it seems—and honestly I don't see what's stopping him from going into another county and getting it checked out, he can even use the cover of having gone hunting with his brother and just now noticing it. But Lester is the WORST liar and might get so scared he goes in another killing rampage (which, when he killed his wife I don't think I've laughed more).

It'll be interesting to see how his story pans out though and I could honestly see him dying from his own guilt (his hand) vs this malevolent guy (Malvo) who's a ruthless, sadistic killer.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:05 am 

Oh, sorry about that, I misunderstood.

Out, damned spot!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:17 pm 

Ugh! PLEASE watch the newest episode ASAP.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:08 am 

Only just caught it, bit of a delay down here. Why the "Ugh!"?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:27 pm 

That was a good "ugh", a great "ugh" even. I think this was by far the best episode they've had with the most suspense (and absolutely no one died). My favorite part hands down would be the parable that Gus' neighbor told--though who goes about randomly meeting their across the way neighbor like that, especially since Gus had just been ogling the man's half-naked wife a few episodes back.

Next week's episode looks even better, and that preview was just amazing to view (I re-watched it like 3-4 times).

Though I was kind of...weirded out by the anecdote Malvo gave about the dog and girl o.O

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:57 am 

Turns out there is more of a delay than I realised. I only just saw "Eating The Blame". I was reading that going, "Yes, it was a great episode, wait, neighbour, dog, what?".

Bloody southern hemisphere. More people need to watch this so Lia can chat with people who are all caught up. Seriously good show, you won't regret it.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:13 pm 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:17 am 

Nothing to worry about, and you really didn't give any more away than I did earlier by accident. I'll probably steer clear of this thread for a bit though, until the end of the series.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:01 am 

Well, that turned out alright alright alright. Season two should be interesting, Sioux Falls here we come.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:52 pm 

That series was Aces!

Martin Freeman has won my heart and I've developed such a crush on him lol. I can't wait for the second season and I hope they stay the course with the concise writing. This is what television should be like.

I know they officially announced the second season, but is it official that it'll be about Souix Falls? I know there's a lot of speculation that it will and it makes sense for then to.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 am 

I was mostly going off this article;

Prequels can be tricky, hope they nail the casting.