[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Vampire the Masquerade

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 pm

Forum rules

Discuss and organise online or real life PnP games in here. Share tips and experiences. plot the overthrow of evil DMs or the best way to 'deal with' difficult gamers.

Please remember the forums are PG13 so in the midst of enthusiastic argument watch your language.

Post subject: Vampire the Masquerade
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:34 am 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

I still have all of my books, but haven't played in over a decade. I do miss it though, what a great PnP game. Anyone else play(ed)?

Post subject: Re: Vampire the Masquerade
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:44 am 

I played, but last time as same as you... more'n a decade. :lol: But we did mostly LARPing with Mind's Eye Theater. I was terrible at it though. :o

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:46 am 

VtM LARPing? Whoa, that had to have been kind of crazy.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 am 

:lol: Yeah, we were an intense crowd. ;)

A snippet of one of our first meets:

The Storyteller (GM) allowed Vamps and Werewolves, for some reason. I chose a puppy. An innocuous Silent Strider at that. Basically a smart but weak char, much like yours truly. Anyway, the Ventrue Primogen (6th gen, IIRC) got all uppity (as they are wont) and basically got into a fight with my character. Remember, he's a weak puppy.

Well, my puppy eventually got pissed and went full Crinos on him. Now, this form granted an assload of additional attributes mostly in Strength. Now, if the Ventrue had been built with at least some Strength, it would have been a contest. Well, he hadn't. :lol:

One round later, my puppy had decapitated the Ventrue with his claws. The Storyteller then rethought the wisdom of adding puppies to the game. :lol: :twisted:

Frickin' awesome scene, and one of the very few I still remember from... oh god, 1998 or somesuch? Damn.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:13 am 

LMAO!!! Awesome!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:47 am 

This is a pic, I believe, from that game. I'm the one in the trenchcoat. (You know I'm cool because I wear sunglasses at night.) The Storyteller is in the vest. This wasn't the encounter in question, though. :)

(Yeah, I'm young as hell. :lol: )

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:09 am 

Wow never tried LARPing myself. I actually prefer PbP to PnP even because at least as GM, you have the time to consider while improvising. Not to mention it being a creative writing collaboration as well as a game. :P

Still id try it for sure. I do love RP in all its forms :D and wow Zepp what a photo!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:11 am 

What's PbP?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:59 am 

Play by Post. You are like the king of PbP Elvy ;)

Otherwise known as ForumRP or theres the kinds that Zeppy is more familiar with, Email games and such.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:13 am 

Ahhhh... very cool!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:35 am 

Used to play back int he day dont even have my books anymore sadly... loved it and miss it... i was usually DM/storyteller whatevers you call it

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:38 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:36 am 

Yank I dont see where the confusion is.

*stalks around players glaring*

*plants huge wooden log in the ground next to a line of twenty already standing*

"You miss the bartender with your luke warm ale. He swings. Roll a reflex save."

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:36 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:37 am 

My comment is still valid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:42 am 

Then why are the buildings named thusly:

:P

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am 

Used to play, way back in the day. Yes, when it first came out.

Tried to get back in when Requiem came out but never really got in to it.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:23 am 

Played both Masquerade in the day and am the storyteller of a Requiem chronicle.
I miss masquerade though, but there is a distinct lack of groups in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:24 am 

Ok VoM (or mostly ex-VoM) players: Favorite clan?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:17 am 

Malkavian.

Though my first char was a Brujah, so I have a soft :?: place in my heart for them. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:49 am 

I have some of the old VtM books, but sadly none of my group ever wanted to play after one half-hearted attempt :( I had to be happy with the PC games.

My favorite clan is a toss-up between the Ravnos and the Tremere