[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - Divinity: Original Sin

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:52 pm

Forum rules

Discuss your favourite video games here on whatever platform.
Please remember the forums are PG13 so in the midst of enthusiastic argument watch your language.

Post subject: Divinity: Original Sin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:33 pm 

Has anyone else heard about or checked out this game? A lot of us have been waiting for the real NWN2 and this game could very well be it.

It's in early access on steam for 40 bucks, or wait until the 30th for it to be fully released. A game wher eyouc an play by yourself or play with friends. Allows allies to disagree and contest the decisions you would otherwise make using a dialogue system. Gameplay is turnbased, as DnD is and on the spot. people can exit and enter combat , and combat can happen between "allies."

The big thing is that with all of this, they are releasing a campaign editor. I know you can have a party of 5 in the campaign, and they don't even need to be in the same area. If the campaign/map editor allows you to have games with even 20 people in it, we have a new game WoC could migrate to.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that while the game has somewhere around 12 starting base classes, they're all customizable, so everyone can be the class they want to be.

Mods are also supported in this game, so people will likely be able to add races and new skills/abilities/items,

Post subject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:32 am 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

Definitely keep us posted on this bro, sounds interesting. Website?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:54 am 

http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/ is the website
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/ is the steam store page, has trailers on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:26 pm 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:27 pm 

I think this may be the next big thing...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:29 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:58 pm 
NetWoC Admin (Site Founder & Owner)

It looks pretty awesome. Jury still out on how much is possible for permanent world building with the toolset, but promising. I'll probably play either way though, cool as that looks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm 

The first mods have come out. No campaigns yet, but with the modding community trying it; we should have an idea of what the editor is capable of soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:40 pm 

I've updated my Hard Drive for this game.

It's the real deal and front runner for PC Game of the Year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:12 pm 

btw, if anyone's looking to do some Co-op with this game; my Steam is Ryno2112. with one of the mods out, we could even have up to 4 people in a co-op for the campaign.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:09 am 

I am balokcole on STEAM

or

Balok4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:09 am 

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/divinit ... 0-6415819/

This game will win game of the year

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:46 pm 

Just an update. Someone made an arena map for this game and you can play against other players in it. This confirms that you can have seperate player factions/parties in the game. Still no player made campaigns though, so we don't know what the max amount of players in a game is, but that's realyl all that's left before we can determine if it's good for a PW or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:24 pm 

I stumbled on it a bit earlier... was surprised to see it here !
But it looks really nice and there's even a mac version of it... very tempted to buy this game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:55 pm 

39 hours played so far, it's FUN!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:57 pm 

Seems like there's already a good amount of us into this game, I really hope it is able to have PWs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:48 am 

Interesting, I hadn't heard a thing about this game but now that I do it looks to have much potential. Definately worth watching and something I will check out once I get my new computer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:56 pm 

So I've been doing some Research. ATM max number of characters on a server is 8. Not great, but not horrible either. The studios has stated, though, if there's enough interest int he game and it's editor, support for persistent worlds would be something they could add. others have stated that the editor could do it, but it'd need some scripting done.

So until this is done, we could do parties of up to eight (or six, seen other sources say six is max) through campaigns and such. Would need to have someone be the DM to create adventures, but it'd be fun.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:31 pm 

Needs a mod for changing up the key-map & mouse.

The movement patterns of NWN would be perfect WSAD to move the toons (and the clicking), mouse for mainly framing things better and perspective.

WAY to much clicking

Its brutal.

But the game is so darn good even with that interface issue. Easily up there with Balders Gate 2 and NWN as best top-down RPG ever