[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
NetWoC • View topic - World of Warcraft EU

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:09 am

Forum rules

These forums are dedicated to coordinating guild meetups in MMO's around the net. If you guild up in these games please use the guild tag "WoC" to represent our community!

We have started with stickies for some of the more popular games. If you play another MMO then post about it, and if it gets enough interest we'll stickify that too. There is the potential to have dedicated sub-forums for specific games should enough interest demand it.

Your games, your forums, your turn.

Post subject: World of Warcraft EU
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 pm 
NetWoC Admin

Sign up for this game, meet your friends, arrange parties or chat about the world.

Post subject: Re: World of Warcraft
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:27 am 
NetWoC Admin

This is my game and I have been in a RP guild, we had some awesome times. I play on EU server and would be extremely loathe to move to the US as I have mounts and pets that I would never be able to get :P

However if anyone is interested in WoW let's touch base. I started afresh on a new server last August and don't mind doing so again if necessary.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:14 am 

I'd be more than willing to start a Caenyr guild on WoW EU, if there are more interested folks. Moonglade RP seems like a nice server to start on!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:31 am 

My WoW characters are on the Argent Dawn server(EU obviously). Though due to lacking a computer atm I'm currently unable to login. Given that all my high level characters and the resources therein are located there this will likely be the server I'll return to once I'm up and running again.

I could be persuaded to move, but as I wouldn't be able to afford to move my characters I'd have to start over. So the argument for moving would have to be very persuasive ;).

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:24 am 

I'm on AD too, Alliance side. Are you Ally or Horde (or both)?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 am 

I've got max level chars on both sides. But the main ones I play atm are ally side(my Warlock and Druid).

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 am 
NetWoC Admin

I have max characters on AD EU also, that was where my RP guild was. Priest, Hunter, Rogue, Shaman, Lock, DK at 90 tho priest is my main.

I am Horde to the bone though I do have a 90 Draenei shaman but I don't believe I could play alliance side consistently... Please don't make me.... please....

My chars now are on Tarren Mill PvP and am building up another army of providers :P

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:34 pm 

I do prefer Horde as a faction. However I found that Horde side on AD was rather stagnant in terms of limited player numbers and limited opportunities for raiding and roleplay. Thus why my main characters ended up Ally side so that I had a better chance of finding a guild to do things with.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:41 pm 
NetWoC Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:03 pm 

It's not just the gold, though losing the 60k+ gold I have is a factor. There are things like rare drop event items and the loss of reputations etc( I'm a collector so I gather everything and max all my reputations), this makes starting fresh daunting. Plus I've done the levelling process so many times that I get rather bored with it lately. The free 90 boost is an option, I'd forgotten that we get that!(computer died before preorder was available)

But yeah I'd be willing to consider moving. On a side note I tend to avoid PvP servers, too many bad experiences of unpleasant PvP players when I have tried PvP servers in the past.

I've never really suffered much from the queues on AD, but I generally login before peak time and stay in until after it passes so the most I've seen in the past year is a 5minute queue. But the queues as you say will get worse with Warlords.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm 

AD Horde is fine with me, but if the queues are as bad as Shiny says, we might consider something else. I'd prefer a RP realm because the population tends to be slightly less.... Juvenile?

My first realm was The Sha'tar, but it feels very quiet these days, especially Horde side. Does either of you have experience with other realms?

Oh, and selling combat pets is a great way to teleport gold from server to server :)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:34 pm 
NetWoC Admin

I m logging in at odd server times EU being in Canada but I have experienced queues on AD recently - took me back to the vanilla days lol. When SoO was released was a key point.

I understand about having items, I have Benediction on Ligeia, my priest, and I will never be able to get that again. The rep achievement does carry across all chars and with the launch of WoD I assume we will be working on new reps anyway. If we did stay on AD Horde I have a guild and bank - level 15 or so - that we could take over. A few of us working there could quickly level it to 25. So that is an option.

I am not tied to pvp realms by any means, I do like pvp in battlegrounds or when I choose it was just that the pvp realm was where the pet guild was. However, the pvp realms do seem to have the bigger populations for doing things like raids etc. I have my hunter on standby to swoop in when my lowbies get ganked :evil:

I have a good friend who plays on a rppvp server, he levels like a loon I can ask him for thoughts or maybe even to join us. It may also be that they offer free char migration again (I moved from Twisting Nether to Tarren Mill that way) something to look out for especially as Voices has no PC yet, so there is no rush.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:54 pm 

The Sha'tar is the only other roleplay realm I have played on to a large degree. And I left there at the start of Cata because of my guild collapsing in the big void between expansions. From what I've heard Sha'tar is almost dead nowadays, many guilds jumped from Sha'tar to AD in the past couple of years.

Defies Brotherhood(rp-PvP) is supposed to be the next most active roleplay server after AD. After that most of what ive heard suggests the other roleplay servers are in similar situations to Sha'tar with a very small player base, meaning guilds struggle for recruitment; particularly if you enjoy doing anything beyond in guild roleplay.

Edit: Shiny posted since I started writing. Damned slow phone typing :lol:.

With reputation I meant actual rep, not the achievements(I like having pages full of exalted reps lol, yes I'm that kind of completionist/collector/achievement wh**e :shifty:).

As you say free transfer might well be an option as AD does occasionally open up to it.

Post subject: Re: World of Warcraft EU
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:43 am 

It seems that the Sha'tar is now connected with Moonglade, which makes both servers a lot more lively.
Defias Brotherhood is a busy realm too, but like Voices, I'm not entirely fond of PvP realms. Being ganked sucks big time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 pm 
NetWoC Admin

*blows dust off*
With the approach of Legion I am in full flow on AD, Demon Hunter might be my most favourite class ever.

I am in a reactivating Undead only guild - and have a guild for my legion (pun intended) of alts that serves my main character ;)

Poke me Chocajules#1428 if you play and want to get together :) Legion is going to be amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:26 am 
NetWoC Admin

Legion IS amazing. Poke me if you play, come make an undead and play with me!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:17 pm 
NetWoC Admin

A few of us are getting together on a rp server in the EU, poke me to get bnet and details!